Ginger is a popular herb known mainly for its medicinal properties. It has anti-inflammatory and gastric properties that help keep your digestive system in top condition. Better digestion can help support weight loss. Using ginger helps weight loss because it improves your digestive system and makes it possible to absorb other nutrition. It also helps because it is supposed to have a thermogenic effect on your body.
How Does Ginger Help Weight Loss?
Including ginger in your diet is a great way of getting amazing health benefits. It helps you lose weight and plays a role in improving your overall health. Here is more about how ginger benefits weight loss.
1. Ginger Promotes Better Digestion
One good reason to include ginger in your weight loss diet is that it improves digestion. It works by regulating the movement of the stomach as well as large and small intestines. It means that your body will be able to process food better and absorb important nutrients more effectively.
2. Ginger Improves Metabolism
Some studies have found that ginger has a thermogenic effect on your body and is therefore a good addition to your weight loss diet. It improves metabolism and helps improve your resting metabolic rate. It means you can continue to burn calories when you are not working out in the gym.
3. Gingers Keeps You Fuller
Do you often feel like eating something else within a couple of hours of having your regular meal? If you grab something processed or packed with calories, you are never going to lose weight. Ginger helps keep these hunger pangs at bay and keep you from overeating. In other words, ginger helps you control your appetite and makes it easier to achieve your weight loss goals.
4. Ginger Eliminates Free Radicals
When you work out in the gym, you put your body through stress and this can lead to release of cortisol and free radicals. These free radicals can be damaging to your body. Ginger has antioxidant properties and can eliminate free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body.
How to Use Ginger to Lose Weight
Now that you know how ginger benefits weight loss, you may be wondering about different ways to include it in your diet. Here are a few options to consider:
- Ginger in your food. The simplest way to include ginger in your diet is to use it while cooking your food. All you have to do is grate a little ginger and include it in your dishes to enjoy some amazing health benefits.
- Ginger in salads. You can also use grated ginger to make your salads even tastier and healthier. You can also mix it with some lemon juice for added taste and benefits.
- Ginger in biscuits. You can make ginger and honey biscuits, and enjoy them as a healthy snack. Honey is a sugar-free sweetener, so you do not have to worry about adding too many calories to your diet.
- Ginger with rice. Add some ground ginger to curry sauce to enhance its slimming properties. You can use this curry sauce with brown rice to make it even healthier.
- Ginger with meat. It is true that you may want to avoid meat while trying to lose weight, but you can still enjoy some lean meat occasionally. Chicken is a good choice and you can make it healthier by combining it with ginger. Simply add some sliced ginger when you marinate your chicken to enjoy its health benefits.
- Ginger in your soups. You can enhance the overall taste of your soups by adding some ginger to it. Make some apple and red cabbage soup with black garlic and add some ginger to make a perfect soup with impressive slimming abilities.
- Make ginger tea. Another healthy way to incorporate ginger into your weight loss diet is to drink ginger tea. Boil a cup of water and add some grated ginger to it. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then remove from heat. Strain it and drink before each meal to improve metabolism and promote weight loss. If you do not like the taste, you can use some honey and lemon to make it taste better.
Other Benefits of Ginger
How ginger benefits weight loss is quite clear, but you may want to include it in your diet because of many other benefits associated with its regular use.
- It calms nausea. By improving your digestive system, it serves as a great remedy for nausea and vomiting. Some studies have found that it may also help treat chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- It protects your digestive tract. Regular use of ginger prevents constipation, flatulence, bloating and other issues that can affect your digestive tract.
- It promotes brain health. Certain compounds, like 6-Shogaol help improve your brain function. These compounds inhibit the release of certain chemicals that damage neurons in the brain.
- It helps regulate blood sugar levels. This can be another reason why ginger benefits weight loss. By regulating your blood sugar levels, it prevents hunger pangs and makes it easier to limit your caloric intake. It works by regulating the release of insulin and improves insulin sensitivity. Moreover, it makes it easier for your body to metabolize lipids and carbs. Taking ginger supplements is the best way to achieve these benefits.
- It provides you with antioxidants and prevents free radical damage. In other words, ginger has powerful protective effects and keeps you from dealing with any complications related to eyes, kidneys, and liver.
- It may improve cardiovascular health. Certain compounds in ginger may help regulate blood pressure and avoid cardiovascular complications. 6-gingerol is one such compound.